Attract, Engage, Reward & Retain your Talent
with NOVATED & ASSOCIATE LEASES
THE MOST FINANCIALLY REWARDING EMPLOYEE BENEFIT AROUND!
WHAT ARE THE 2 KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL NOVATED LEASE?
The KEY to getting the best Novated Lease is an artwork and to do it successfully requires having all the tools and know-how.
- Qualification. You need to make sure you are on the right Salary Package for your situation. This will ensure you on the best interest rate and the best Tax Strategy to suit your position. OTHERWISE YOU COULD BE MISSING OUT ON THOUSANDS OF $$$ IF NOT DONE CORRECTLY
- Buying the right car at the best price. This means, less interest, lower re-payments and more profit for you at the end of the lease.
FYI – We were car people first, so you can rest assured you are getting the right vehicle at the best price that is personally tailored to suit your employees needs and budget.
Benefits of offering
Novated & ASSOCIATED Leases
Give your staff a Pay Rise - at no cost to your business
Salary packaging is a great way to reward your people for their hard work at no risk or cost to your bottom line.
There’s no cost to the business at all.
Employees pay an administration fee for the service that is set up and automatic through payroll.
As a result of pre-tax payments to the lease, employees reduce their taxable income
Become an employer of choice & increase staff retention
The increase in salary package benefits can be leveraged to entice the best talent to your company and can be a key factor to highlight in negotiations.
Offering more to employees can also help inspire confidence and loyalty, as the business is helping them to save money. The additional benefits leads to greater job satisfaction & increased retention company-wide.
Company Car vs Novated Lease?
For businesses that provide company vehicles, Novated Leases are a RISK FREE SOLUTION with significant time and financial advantages as opposed to maintaining a company fleet.
A Novated Lease also provides the employee with a greater level of flexibility and choice in regards to the vehicle. This includes the ability to choose a specific vehicle to be used for personal use without restriction, and even let their family and friends drive the car if they wish.
Asset & Liability Free for your Company
Employers don’t need to worry about what will happen if an employer leaves. All obligations fall onto the employee, including the residual. Due to the nature of the arrangement, vehicles under Novated Lease are not calculated as either an asset or liability for the company..
Seamless Set up & Transition
- Quick and pain free set up
- Seamless Administration and Account Management Systems
- Online portal with access your records and balances
- FBT management and reporting
- Consistent savings on all packages
Reduces Payroll Tax & Increase profitability
When an employee novates a car,
- it reduces their taxable income,
- reducing the organisation’s payroll tax
- reducing worker’s compensation premiums
- reducing risk
- increasing the companies bottom line with no risk
The more employees that salary package, the more profitable your business becomes.
The THE BOTTOM LINE...
You can increase the value proposition of your employees remuneration offering, without actually increasing your costs…a Win-Win solution
While every employee should evaluate whether Novated & Associate Leasing is suitable for their situation, offering the option is a smart and proactive move for any business.
Attention: Payroll & HR Managers
Outline of a Novated Lease Process and Expectations
The process of setting up a Novated Lease for an employee is simple—and more importantly, free. Apart from some basic documentation and payment automation, National Salary Packaging, the finance company and the employee will do most of the work.
- NSP helps the employee select a vehicle that suits his or her needs and receives a formal quote from NSP.
- Once the type of Novated Lease has been chosen, NSP will draw up a Salary Package estimate, which will highlight to the employee how salary packaging the vehicle will benefit them financially. As an HR manager, you and the employee sign this in agreement.
- The employee then completes a finance application and, once approved, the vehicle can be ordered.
- Once the financing and Novation documents have been prepared, you and the employee will proceed to sign these. The employee should return these with any supporting documents required, such as evidence of comprehensive car insurance etc to NSP.
- The deal is then be settled between the finance provider and NSP. Once all these details have been finalised, the employee will be advised that their vehicle is ready to be collected.
- NSP will make sure everything is in place and the finance department of your company ensures that the ongoing automatic payments and reporting systems are in place.
- ALL IN ONE FUEL & SERVICE/MAINTENANCE CARD
Every vehicle package comes with a fuel card. We chose to WEX, because of the convenience of being able to put all fuel and running costs on the one card. It has more benefits and discounts that allows any employee to purchase the widest range of vehicle running costs in Australia. This includes the vast majority of fuel stations, vehicle service centres, and most tyre, windscreen, and battery retailers. You can conveniently fill up knowing that your fuel is already paid for and you can still use your shopper dockets to give you even greater discounted fuel! The monthly account is sent directly to us and we pay all expenses out of the employees trust account. No need to find that extra bit of cash to pay for the fuel with no out of pocket expenses. Enjoy the convenience of knowing that all of your running costs including fuel are already accounted for and paid by using this card.
- BEST NEW VEHICLE PRICE WITH AutoTender
We deliver great fleet prices on all makes and models Nationally by using our unique reverse online action portal called AutoTender. It definitely takes the hassle and time out of buying a car and you get the best deal with little effort.
- DISCOUNTS and TAX SAVINGS
The most Tax Effective item to Salary Package is a vehicle. Our experienced staff guide you through a quote explaining in detail and in plain English how Salary Packaging works and how it benefits them individually. Only then do we establish a package and the employee begins their tax savings.
- GST SAVINGS
Through a novated lease the GST on the vehicle is not financed and as the running costs of the vehicle such as fuel, tyres, servicing, registration and insurance are all paid through the employer who can claim a majority of this GST which is then passed back to you automatically over the term of the lease in the salary package.
- SIMPLE, EASY TO UNDERSTAND LANGUAGE and DOCUMENTATION
We make Salary Packaging is easy to understand which is reflected in the way we present, quote, document, and manage your salary package. Our goal is to ensure you have complete clarity and transparency before entering into any decision.
- ONSITE ONE TO ONE PRESENTATIONS
We can come to you. We provide small group or personal one on one information sessions. These sessions are tailored to work for you. We can give brief overviews of Salary Packaging or detailed discussions to tailor salary packaging to your personal needs.
- WE WANT TO SAVE YOU EVEN MORE MONEY
Our mission is to save you more of your money. We make sure that you are looked after and that you know what your options are to be able to have more money at the end of the day – Check out Associate Leases , you will be surprised at the financial benefits.
How do I know who is eligible to salary package?
If your employees receive a salary and pays tax through the PAYG system, they’re eligible to salary package their cars.
To get maximum benefit will depend on the employees position and circumstances, This will determine if a novated or associate lease will be more beneficial.
- No business use required
- Package a new, or used car
- Package a car they already own
- Package two cars
Q. What if I already have a salary packaging company?
Q. How do we know if we are getting the best deal?
First of all, we would highly recommend your company having a few salary packaging providers. This will bring about fairness, full transparency, choice and ultimately maximum value and savings to your employees and to your business.
We would be happy to review your current situation and let you know where you stand, so that you can have peace of mind that you will be getting the best deals.
By including NSP as a secondary provider will be seamless and pain free for your HR and payroll team.
We have reviewed many packages in out time and there has not been one that we haven’t been able to help save money and provide additional value too!
Please check out our testimonies on our homepage.